Across our nurseries, we have recently launched the 'Brighter Learning Approach' - our own bespoke enrichment experiences and activities which perfectly complement the Early Years Foundation Stage framework.
Defining the Brighter Learning Approach:
The Brighter Learning Approach is our own unique pathway to Creating Brighter Futures Together and aims to further enhance your child’s learning and development and secures the foundations for lifelong learning. It focuses on the key skills, knowledge, and attitudes which we believe each child needs for an enriched, happy, healthy, and successful life.
How does it differ from traditional teaching methods?
The Brighter Learning Approach provides real opportunities for children’s natural curiosity to be enhanced, with emphasis on hands-on experiences, child-led learning, and holistic development, promoting active engagement and critical thinking. It encourages exploration, creativity, and collaboration, and for individual learning to be challenged and extended.
The Development of the Brighter Learning Approach
- Our Quality Promises:
Our 6 quality promises aim to deliver high quality learning experiences and opportunities to all children. This ensures children leave nursery with a lifelong love for learning as well as readiness for every stage of learning.
- Engaging children in meaningful mathematical learning
- Enticing and exciting children to develop a lifelong love of books and reading
- Developing confident communicators by engaging in quality conversations with children
- Nurturing our next generations of investigators, inventors and innovators
- Helping the future generations of global citizens to understand the world they live in.
- Championing children’s holistic health and laying the foundations for a happy and healthy life
- Linking Our Quality Promises to the enrichments and aspects of the Brighter Learning Approach
Our 6 quality promises form the foundations of our approach and it’s 6 different enrichments. Each enrichment then has 3 ‘aspects’, which focus on the key areas to further support children’s learning and development.
- Engaging children in meaningful mathematical learning forms our Mini Maths This enrichment ties into the 3 supporting aspects which are Confident Counters, Number Detectives and Meaningful Maths.
- Enticing and exciting children to develop a lifelong love of books and reading forms our Raving Readers This enrichment is then broken down into 3 supporting aspects: Super Story Tellers, Ready Readers and Book Bugs.
- Developing confident communicators by engaging in quality conversations with children supports our Confident Speakers and Communicators enrichment, which is supported by 3 learning aspects: Music Maestros, Budding Writers, and Terrific Talkers.
- Nurturing our next generations of investigators, inventors and innovators supports our Super STEAM enrichment, exploring Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics.
- Helping the future generations of global citizens to understand the world they live in supports our Wonderful World enrichment. In turn, the 3 aspects which explore this are Planet Protectors, Nature Explorers, and My Community and Me.
- Championing children’s holistic health and laying the foundations for a happy and healthy life leads into our My Happy and Healthy Self. The three aspects, Magnificent Movers, Healthy Me, and Marvellous Me, work alongside one another to enhance children’s understanding of their physical and mental health and how to take care of themselves and others.
The Brighter Learning Approach not only offers enhanced learning opportunities, but also helps support our 4 key values, which are centred around Our Children, Learning, Our People and Our Families. The approach is just one of the ways that The Old Station Nursery Group commits to Creating Brighter Futures Together.
To enrol your child in a nursery that follows the Brighter Learning Approach, visit here and explore your nearest setting. Contact the nursery of your choice directly to inquire about availability and the enrolment process.
To find out more about The Brighter Learning Approach, watch our informative video here
Blog checked by: Kat Learner (Training & Professional Development Manager)