Half the time will be working 1:1 with a child with hearing needs and the other half will be working in the rooms.
Experience with Makaton would be preferred.
Term Time Only
Job Type: 30 hrs per week
Level 2 required
Purpose of Post
1) To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children within your area.
2) To support and maintain daily routines.
3) To provide a high quality, stimulating and inclusive learning environment.
4) To ensure then that the elements of observation and assessment are implemented e.g. Starting with the child, observe (look, listen, note), plan (think and share), play and learn together, observe (look, listen, note).
5) To support your Room Leader with any tasks delegated to you and with the overall running of the room.
1) Working with children to provide high quality care and education
2) Working closely with colleagues
3) Liaising with parents
Room Senior/Supervisor/Team Leader
Required Skills and Personal Characteristics
1) To be reflective and show a commitment to continuous improvement
2) To continue to learn and develop personally and professionally
3) Good written and verbal communication skills
4) An ability to prioritise effectively
5) Good time management and organisation skills
6) A positive attitude to reflection, review, and re-evaluation.
The Old Station Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. For this post pre-employment checks will be carried out, references will be sought and successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and other relevant checks with statutory bodies.