Sunhill Nursery Colchester – Early Years Practitioner (competitive salary, part-time, qualified)
The Old Station Nursery Group, established in 2002, strives to help every child to fulfil their potential. The company has grown steadily, creating a similar feeling and family ethos in each setting while nourishing each nursery’s unique strengths.
Sunhill Colchester is a purpose-built nursery, built using the latest eco-friendly technology, and is situated in the grounds of Braiswick Primary school. The nursery offers a safe, secure and happy environment for children, enabling them to develop at their own pace whilst having fun, making friends and becoming confident and independent. Our welcoming atmosphere and devoted, passionate staff are looking for a part time qualified Early Years Practitioner to join the team.
Why join our team?
· 50% childcare discount (subject to T&Cs)
· Our incredible new ‘Perkbox’ package: including a birthday hamper of your choice, free cinema tickets every month, home fitness platform, Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme, a free drink or snack every week from Caffé Nero or Greggs, and hundreds of other perks for you to use
· Continual opportunities for personal development and qualifications; career progression means a lot to us
· A fun-filled company training day each year
· Free staff uniform
· A £100 reward each time you refer a friend to join the team, or a family to enrol their child
· 28 days holiday, which includes a whole week break over Christmas
Some key information about the position
· The hours are part time.
· Salary is competitive and is dependent on your experience and qualifications
· We are Sunhill Colchester Nursery, Braiswick Primary School, Apprentice Drive, Colchester, CO4 5QJ
· For more information, please go to our website: https://www.theoldstationnursery.co.uk
Special skills required!
· Having a warm smiling face that makes every child feel special
· Pretending to eat playdough creations realistically is required, and that of drinking numerous cups of pretend tea
· You must have the ability to read a ten-page fairy-tale, upside down, with at least 4 interruptions per page
· You must be prepared to have lots of fun in the workplace. Laughter is something you can expect to be a large part of your working day
· Finally, you must be prepared to feel loved, special and important to many young children and their families; there is simply no other job quite like this one
This amazing role will include
Working with children to provide high quality care and education
Working closely with your team around you
Liaising with parents, helping to support their whole family
Ensuring a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children within your area.
Supporting and maintaining daily routines.
Providing a high quality, stimulating and inclusive learning environment.
To support your Room Leader with any tasks delegated to you and with the overall running of the room.
Courses we can offer you, to help you develop and grow in our nursery
· NVQ 2, 3 and 4 in Early Years and Childcare
· NVQ 3 in Management
· Early Years Foundation Degree
· Early Years Teacher Status
· Paediatric First Aid
· Basic Food Hygiene
· Safeguarding Children
· Behaviour Management
· Manual Handling
· Health and Safety at Work
The Old Station Nursery Group is committed to delivering high-quality childcare through recruiting, training and retaining the best staff. We are accredited with the Investors in People Standard and work hard to ensure our staff are given every opportunity to develop their careers.
We would absolutely love for you to be a part of our award-winning team, so what are you waiting for? We can’t wait to hear from you and welcome you into our nursery family. Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Reference ID: COL003
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent