Job Title: Nursery Kitchen Assistant. To cover maternity leave. Start date at the beginning of October.
Reports to: Nursery Manager
Working hours: 11:15am – 2:15pm Monday to Friday, all year round
Purpose of Post
The role would include collecting lunches from our Innsworth site and serve a healthy balanced diet for all children in the nursery, including those with special dietary needs. Prepare an afternoon snack and a nutritious afternoon tea, following a carefully planned menu. Organise and maintain a clean and hygienic working kitchen and up to date records.
1. Provision of food
2. Maintenance of a clean, hygienic work area and storage.
3. Involvement in preparation of nursery menu cycle, in conjunction with nursery management
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To ensure the well-being of children at all times. To be vigilant and proactive in the approach to Safeguarding and adhere to the Safeguarding policy and procedures at all times
2. To collect healthy, nutritious lunches from our Innsworth site (via car) for all children in the nursery within the timescales required by your manager and to clear and clean areas following lunch.
3. To clear up the kitchen and all crockery, cutlery, and kitchen equipment after each meal service.
4. To cook and prepare tea where appropriate.
5. To cater for all the special dietary requirements of children in the nursery.
6. To maintain and clean work area as required by the guidance in ‘Safer Food, Better Business’.
7. To follow guidance and advice from the Environmental Health Officer, ensuring a satisfactory outcome of all visits.
8. To ensure correct labelling of food and ensure adequate procedures for stock rotation.
9. To be flexible and interested in the routine of the nursery and to help out wherever possible, especially by providing meals and snacks on time.
10. To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, summer fair, Christmas party, etc.
11. To be flexible within working practices of nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleaning of equipment etc.
12. Be aware of, and act in accordance with, company vision and values at all times.
13. Following all company policies and procedures within the nursery.
14. Be reflective and constantly strive to improve the service and care we offer, working as part of a larger team.
15. To respect the confidentiality of information received.
16. To be an ambassador for the nursery and the company and to demonstrate loyalty and professionalism at all times.
Required Skills and Personal Characteristics:
1. An ability to prioritise effectively
2. Good time management
3. A positive attitude and commitment to the role
4. Full, clean driving license and car essential for this role