The Old Station Nursery Heyford – Early Years Practitioner (£6.56 – £9.15 an hour, full-time)
The Old Station Nursery Group, established in 2002, strives to help every child to fulfil their potential. The company has grown steadily, creating a similar feeling and family ethos in each setting while nourishing each nursery’s unique strengths.
Our Heyford Day Nursery is a real blessing for parents and grandparents living or working nearby. It’s a light, bright purpose-built nursery that feels welcoming and safe from the moment you step inside, and we are looking for an Early Years Practitioner to join our team full-time.
Why join our team?
- 50% childcare discount for all staff
- Our incredible new ‘Perkbox’ package: including a birthday hamper of your choice, free cinema tickets every month, home fitness plans, Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme, a free drink or snack every week from Caffé Nero or Greggs, and hundreds of other perks for you to use
- Continual opportunities for personal development and qualifications; career progression means a lot to us
- A fun-filled company training day each year
- Free parking
- Free staff uniform
- A £100 voucher each time you refer a friend to join the team, or a family to enrol their child
- 28 days holiday, which includes a whole week break over Christmas
Some key information about the position
- The hours are full time, working 40 hours a week
- Salary is between £8.40 and £9.15 per hour, dependent on your experience and qualifications
- Whether you are qualified or unqualified in Early Years, we would love to get to know you
- Your start date would be as soon as possible
- The address is The Old Station Nursery Heyford, Camp Road, Upper Heyford, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX25 5BS
- For more information, please go to our website: https://www.theoldstationnursery.co.uk
Special skills required!
- Having a warm smiling face that makes every child feel special
- Pretending to eat playdough creations realistically is required, and that of drinking numerous cups of pretend tea
- You must have the ability to read a ten-page fairy-tale, upside down, with at least 4 interruptions per page
- You must be prepared to have lots of fun in the workplace. Laughter is something you can expect to be a large part of your working day
- Finally, you must be prepared to feel loved, special and important to many young children and their families; there is simply no other job quite like this one
This amazing role will include
- Working with children to provide high quality care and education
- Working closely with your team around you
- Liaising with parents, helping to support their whole family
- Ensuring a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children within your area.
- Supporting and maintaining daily routines.
- Providing a high quality, stimulating and inclusive learning environment.
- To support your Room Leader with any tasks delegated to you and with the overall running of the room.
Courses we can offer you, to help you develop and grow in our nursery
- NVQ 2, 3 and 4 in Early Years and Childcare
- NVQ 3 in Management
- Early Years Foundation Degree
- Early Years Teacher Status
- Paediatric First Aid
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Safeguarding Children
- Behaviour Management
- Manual Handling
- Health and Safety at Work
The Old Station Nursery Group is committed to delivering high-quality childcare through recruiting, training and retaining the best staff. We are accredited with the Investors in People Standard and work hard to ensure our staff are given every opportunity to develop their careers.
We would absolutely love for you to be a part of our award-winning team, so what are you waiting for? Email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell them a bit more about yourself. We can’t wait to hear from you and welcome you into our nursery family.